Businesses are no longer following the “hire and fire” policy. Several factors, ranging from the cost of hiring to a talent shortage, have made it mandatory for companies to make smart hiring decisions.
As a result, whether companies are looking at a Web developer or an android developer for hire, they try to make every bit of it count. This post will walk you through how you can hire the best AngularJS developer available in the market!
What is AngularJS?
- What is AngularJS?
- What is the Role of an AngularJS Developer In Leading Firms?
- Notable Skills to Look Out For While Hiring
- Tips for Hiring an AngularJS Developer
- Final Thoughts
Naturally, before you get started with the hiring process, you need to have a foundational knowledge of AngularJS and everything that it entails.
Following is an overview of what makes AngularJS accessible:
- AngularJS is easy to comprehend and execute; therefore, it comes with a quick and simple learning curve.
- It operates on the MVC principles, which makes it time-efficient. Furthermore, the existing templates make coding more comfortable and faster.
- The structured user interface of AngularJS makes it easier for developers to manipulate and understand codes.
- Since it is an open-source platform, the web and mobile solutions developed through AngularJS are cost-effective.
- Due to its data-binding property, developers can quickly witness the effect of their code.
What is the Role of an AngularJS Developer In Leading Firms?
Next, you need to understand what angularjs developers do in their day-to-day activities and replicate them in the job description.
Here is a list of their primary responsibilities:
- Developing and delivering internet applications with complete front-end functionalities.
- Performing product analysis and carrying out market research.
- Making technical and design-based decisions for AngularJS projects.
- Ensuring application performance over various platforms.
- Collaborating with the back-end team to build a REST API.
- Coordinating with design experts and HTML coders.
Notable Skills to Look Out For While Hiring
Now that you have a basic understanding of the AngularJS framework and the roles and responsibilities of an AngularJS developer, it is time to identify the skills that differentiate a good AngularJS developer from an excellent AngularJS developer.
A few essential skills that an AngularJS developer must possess includes:
- An understanding of CSS precompilers, be it Sass or LESS.
- Strong communication skills to ensure seamless coordination and collaboration.
- Reliable problem solving and analytical skills to overcome logical fallacies.
- Robust organizational skills to ensure that developer writes and maintains clean codes.
Tips for Hiring an AngularJS Developer
When hiring an AngularJS Developer, the process would not be very different from hiring any other front-end developer. Following are a few tips to make this process easier:
Understand Your Company Requirements
Doing your homework can save you a lot of time during the hiring process. Hence, start by assessing the size of the project, the project completion timeline, the number of developers required, and whether you seek full-time developers or freelancers. Carrying out this evaluation will grant you a clear-cut idea of what you and by when you want it.
Despite what everyone says, experience always matters, especially in the case of front-end developers. At the same time, if you find a candidate, who is experienced in the appropriate programming language as the one that your company uses, you have hit the jackpot!
A streamlined end-product is proportional to the level of experience possessed by the candidate.
Identify Domain Expertise
Those having relevant experience will also possess domain expertise. You may ask them to indicate their success ratio, which would mean the relation of total projects delivered vs. total projects delivered successfully.
Hunt for Developers
The best developers will be found in their natural habitats, which in their case would be forums and online communities dedicated to the language. Look for someone who is an active contributor.
Their interactions with their peers would give you an insight into their knowledge and understanding of AngularJS development. It may be possible that you come across a fitting candidate who may already be employed elsewhere, but they may be on the lookout for new opportunities.
Conduct Work and Experience Checks
We all know someone who has inflated their resume to make it look attractive. Hence, in order to avoid falling prey to this troupe, it is crucial for companies to carry out the background, work, and experience checks.
You may ask the candidates to share their websites and cross-check whether they were involved in the development. Further, it also shares an insight into their work ethics and how they carry out the tasks at hand.
Follow a Two-Stage Hiring Model
Given the technical nature of the job, it goes without saying that you will have to evaluate the candidate’s technical skills. However, an interview allows you to test their soft skills as well. Companies may outsource the hiring process to experts, especially with regards to the technical assessment.
However, the interview can be carried out at the company level. Do make it a point to go through several resources while selecting the interview questions. Preparing the interview questions even before you screen in the candidates may also help maintain quality.
An AngularJS developer can help you design and execute a feature-rich application that is future-ready and flawless. Hiring these professionals does not have to be a mammoth task, especially when you are well-prepared. Developing a systematic strategy will save you time and money while also getting you the best.
Once you have identified your perfect hire, take time to discuss the terms and conditions of employment at length. Highlight the emoluments, remunerations, and other offerings that make your business an attractive destination.
You may also advertise flexible work timings or remote working options, as several AngularJS developers would consider it to be a valuable perk. Finally, draw a formal agreement to seal the deal!