Did the microphone on your computer, laptop, or mobile device break at the most inopportune moment? You don’t have to rush to the store for a new one. In an emergency, an ordinary smartphone can save you. With some effort, you can easily connect it to a PC as a device that records sound.
Which phones support the microphone function and why is it needed?
Smartphones not only perform the function of receiving calls and messages, but they can also replace portable web-cameras, navigators, remote control panels, video recorders, etc. Now it’s time to change microphones too. This function is supported by new-generation smartphones with the operating system on Android, iOS, Windows. Using the phone as a microphone is necessary for:
- voice dubbing of videos (very popular among bloggers);
- streaming the game;
- making phone calls using the Internet.
If you still can’t choose a microphone for your smartphone, Checkout Lavalier Microphones.
With the help of programs
Of course, in the standard settings of the smartphone, you will not find the function of using the phone as a microphone. Therefore, programmers have developed both paid and free programs. These programs must be downloaded and installed both on a mobile device and on your personal computer. WO Mic and Microphone from Gaz Davidson are the most popular free applications in the app stores.
The implementation of the plan will require:
- To start downloading a special program, for example, WO Mic.
- Install it on your smartphone.
- Download this application to another device, laptop or computer.
- Then you need to synchronize the devices. This will allow you to recognize the microphone and use the phone as it is.
The main features of the WO Mic program:
- it can be used with any program on a PC like a real microphone;
- very short delay;
- easy setup and use;
- support for automatic reconnection in the event of a disconnection;
- support for multiple connection methods: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB.
There are other methods to add minor important functions to your mobile device. Users who have Windows Mobile gadgets can use other options to connect the device.
To use a smartphone as a microphone, you will need:
- Use a special program. Webcamera Plus is an excellent solution. It is recommended to choose the program very carefully. Because some of the applications are unable to use the microphone of the device.
- To understand how to make a microphone out of a phone, the user will need to install one of the additional connections. This can be Bluetooth, USB, Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G.
- Note that in order to get synchronization, the connection must be supported not only by the smartphone but also by the computer device. This allows you to use your phone as a microphone.
Warelex Mobiola Microphone v1.00 can be preferred. This application is optimized for use on gadgets produced by the Samsung brand, for instance.
There are no special applications for phones from these manufacturers. This application works perfectly with a computer, Skype, Yahoo, IM clients.
It is recommended to download the application from the manufacturer’s website. You can use third-party resources. To connect the gadget to a computer device, we recommend using Bluetooth.
However, experts point out that it is more convenient to use a quality headset than to install special software and synchronize it with your PC.