A majority of us are now stuck inside our homes for an indefinite period, and we don’t even know when things would get back to normal. The impending horror of the pandemic virus, an extension of lockdown, and indefinite quarantine period have taken a toll on everyone’s mental health.
However, as the world never stops, our work hasn’t stopped either, and many of us might be working right from our home. Now working from home has its perks, but certain necessary items are required for your home office setup. Print your home studio equipment checklist at Bring in The Noise to assure all of your gear is covered. You can get essential electronic items at discounted prices from best websites such as Staples using Staples rewards.
Join Staples reward program and earn rewards on your online and in-store purchases. Not only this, other websites like Amazon, Office Depot, etc .offer products at amazing prices. Let’s check out the home office electronics.
Basic electronic items
A Powerful Desktop Computer
A large portion of the workforce are able to work from home because most of their jobs can be done through a computer. Hence, a computer is the top one home-office must-have if you’re all remote employees. If you’ve been fighting a losing battle with your clunky old machine, consider swapping it for a new machine that can keep up with your work.
You don’t even need to buy a brand-new computer to get a decent one. Find reliable refurbished computers at PCLiquidations. Here are some of the top picks for business-ready desktops:
- Dell Optiplex 3020 for $149.99
- Apple iMac A1311 for $299.99
Look into quality refurbished desktop computers that are fully functional and offer the same performance as brand-new ones do but for a significantly lower price.
Office work will require conferences and meetings at some point or the other. While work systems and laptops come with in-built speakers and microphones, we suggest you go with a dedicated pair of earphones. You can choose a wired one or a Bluetooth one according to your usage. You can buy quality earphones from Staples like the ones here-
- Maxwell HP 100 Stereo Headphones for $3.19
- Skullcandy Jib Earphones Black for $10.39
You can also visit Amazon for earphones like the ones here-
- Panasonic ErgoFit in-ear earbuds Headphones for $9.98
- Sony Extra Bass MDRXB350AP Earbuds for $29.99
Keyboards and Mouse
This item might seem a bit off-topic because you might have one at your home, and laptops come attached with keyboards and a trackpad. However, for swift action and easy accessibility, you must order a dedicated office-work keyboard and a mouse. You don’t have to buy these items separately, as many websites ship them in a combined package. Let’s check them out.
Combos available on Amazon
- Logitech Desktop MK120 USB Mouse and keyboard Combo for $31.29
- Dell KM636 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Combo (5WH32) for $38.95
Offers available on Office depot
- Adesso 2.4 GHz Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse Combo, WKB-1330CB for $29.99
- Kensington Keyboard and Mouse for $24.99
Yes, you might be having a working and stable internet connection for your home needs. However, your office requirements won’t be satisfied by an essential bandwidth, and we suggest you go with an unlimited bandwidth router that will streamline your work experience from home.
Check out these options from Amazon-
- TP-Link N450 Wi-Fi Router – (TL-WR940N) for $24.99
- TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit Smart Wi-Fi Router for $49.99
Here are some of the best-picks from Staples
- NETGEAR R6220-100NAS dual-band router for $89.99
- Asus N300 single-band wireless and ethernet router for $39.19
Now that the work-from-home culture has been on a never before popularity since the past few months, video meets and conferences have become normal. Today our smartphones, tablets, laptops are shipped with in-built webcams. However, their quality is better when they are not used. We suggest you buy a professional webcam for your home office setup and check out these Staples options.
- VHD 1080p Webcam (J1702C-CC) for $56.99
- CODI HD 1080p Webcam (A05020) for $64.99
Here are some of the options that you can check out from Office depot
- Logitech HD Webcam C615 for $59.99
- Microsoft LifeCam cinema 6CH-00001 for $66.46
No matter what is the nature of your job, securing confidential data is one of the biggest challenges that any organization faces while operating. When the employees are working within the office premises, the risk is mitigated to a certain extent. However, when a person is working from home, data theft can be a great issue due to a lack of all technical security systems. We suggest you go ahead with a professional firewall and the already installed firewall on your system.
Here are some of the firewalls available on Staples
- ZyXEL USG40 security appliance- SSL/VPN for $264.99
- Sonicwall TZ350 02-SSC-0942 Wired firewall for $495.99
You can also check out some of the options available on Amazon
- Protectli Vault 4 Port, Firewall Micro Appliance/Mini PC for $349
- TP-Link Safestream Multi-WAN VPN Router for $59.99
Additional/optional items for your office setup
You might have noticed that nowadays your phone runs out of juice faster than earlier. Not only your smartphone but a majority of your battery run devices will experience low battery because of your dependency over communication nowadays. Wouldn’t it be great if you get yourself a multi-purpose charger that can charge all your devices? Yes, you can do all that through a single port without relying on different switchboards and extension boards. Just check out some of the fantastic items at Office Depot.
- Zendure 4-Port 45W PD Charger with a 30W Power Delivery Port (QC 3.0 Compatible) for $32.99
- Tripp Lite Portable Power Expansion Hub- 4 output connectors for $64.99
Check out some of the affordable options on Staples
- Targus Plug-N-Power charging station for $29.99
- ChargeHub USB charging station CRGRD-X3-0001 for $34.29
The WFH culture has forced millions of us to sit in front of our screens tirelessly. You must be aware of the effects of radiations coming out of laptop/mobile/tablet screens when we are exposed to them for longer hours. Due to this reason, you must select a place with ample lighting conditions or customize your working space with the following options-
Have a look at some of these items from Amazon
- Philips Hue White A19 2-Pack 60W Equivalent Dimmable LED Smart Bulbs $24.99
- Philips Hue 551788 Filament Smart light bulb, 1-Pack, Amber for $27.94
Here are some of the options on Staples
- LimeLights Charging table lamp for $22.84
- Essentials LED Table lamp, Plated UN58050 for $34.99
Setting up a home office set up can be a lot of issues for people working under the WFH culture for the first time. However, various websites like Staples, Amazon, Office Depot, etc. help everyone buy the most suitable electronic item for their home office setup.
Moreover, these websites offer a cumulative discount of over 40% on all the categories for everyone. If you are in the mood for more savings, try using coupons and promo codes while shopping for these essential items. Just surf and splurge yourself with some amazing deals and enjoy!