Not every organization has the time and money to waste on the hiring process of the organization. With the boost in the number of potential employees, it becomes challenging to choose the ideal candidate. Human resources can help to increase the efficiency and quality and boost recruitment process. This article will let you know how the Human Resource Department skills can help candidates’ recruitment.
Difference Between HR and Recruitment
- Difference Between HR and Recruitment
- How to Boost Recruitment Efficiency?
- Human Resource covers the organization’s internal dynamics like employee communications, work environment, bonuses, and compensations.
- Recruitment is a process of hiring new staff in the organization through interviews. They check the target audiences, daily market scenarios, search for ideal candidates, and references. It also includes building and evaluating the hiring strategy for startups and newcomers.
- The HR manager handles and controls both the responsibilities of the organization.
How to Boost Recruitment Efficiency?
#1. Audience research
To increase the efficiency and boost recruitment process researching your candidates is a necessary step. It gives you a brief idea about what you are looking for in a candidate. The HR knows what kind of personality they require in the candidate if they need a worker, a team leader, or a group manager.
#2. Mention the Requirements
Sometimes, the recruiters include unnecessary details like secondary responsibilities and certifications. Clearly state the requirements of the job and the skills you need in a candidate. In this way, the hiring process becomes easy as the ones who are not suitable are eliminated. The HR doesn’t have to stretch the candidate search and save time plus resources.
#3. Be in contact with the Applicants
HR should maintain communication with the candidates during the complete hiring process. The applicant on the current ideal candidate list might be scrolling through multiple offers. So before you lose them to your competitors, do not create a communication gap, and stay on top of their inbox.
#5. Use an Application Tracking System
The Application Tracking System tool can increase the efficiency of your recruitment process manifolds. ATS tool can help the HR manager in:
- Tracking the candidates during the whole process from application to offer letters
- Identifying where most candidates are coming from on your page, social media, or job boards
- Knowing which approach is more successful and which one is not giving any profits
#6. Promotion Within the Organization
Before hiring a candidate from outside or looking for recommendations, check if any employee can fill in the vacancy. An employee already knows your organization and its goals and objectives. Check the performance data of different employees in a year and shortlist the ideal applicants for the job.
#7. Employee Referral Program
Recommendations will help you lower your burden and get help in the hectic recruiting process. Referral Programs motivate employees to give candidate references in return for a reward or bonus from the organization. Reward your employees only for good recommendations and quality hires even if you have to wait for several months after recruiting the candidate.
#8. Explore Different Platforms
If you’re looking for freshers or young and fresh minds to recruit, you will find them on social media platforms like Linkedin and others. However, to look for a candidate with more experience, the traditional job boards will be an ideal place. You can also sort out candidates by accessing the avenues based on the field of the vacancy.
The Human Resource Department has an in-depth understanding of company policies, culture, and philosophy. An HR manager knows what the job entails and what the organization expects from a candidate. HR can handle the promotional posts and use their creativity on social networking sites to lure potential candidates.