In a competitive space like the roofing industry, you need tools and software to set you apart from the fold. Ambition and skills will only take your business halfway. That’s why many successful businesses have turned to roofing software for help.
One of the most popular roofing solutions among roofing contractors is Roofr. Why? Roofr is a complete toolbox that optimizes the roofing process, getting businesses from lead to signature 10 times faster.
This guide is designed to teach roofers how to optimize their roofing operations with Roofr and discuss the software for those who don’t know about it yet. If you’re looking to maximize the success of your roofing business, this article is for you.
Roofr is a roofing contractor software that helps contractors streamline their sales process efficiently. The software is web-based, meaning you can access it on various devices once you have an internet connection. It’s user-friendly and pretty straightforward to use too.
Fortunately, Roofr has a free plan for roofers who aren’t ready to commit to a software immediately. However, we suggest subscribing to a Pro or Premium plan to access the full features of the platform. That’ll only cost you $89 and $149 a month, respectively.
Among many other features, Roofr has a material calculator feature that facilitates calculating the cost of roofing materials needed for a project. Roofr even eliminates the need for a third-party roof pitch calculator with its roof measurement technology as well.How to get Roofr reports
To download your measurement report, you need to:
- Go to the Roofr website.
- Select “Sign up” and provide your information. After tapping “Register,” your account is successfully created.
- Tap the “Log in” button and enter in your email and password.
- If you can’t log in because you’ve forgotten your password, hit “Forgot password.” Enter in the email address used during registration, and a login link will be in your email in seconds.
- You’ll be redirected to the Roofr dashboard.
- On the left-hand navigation, select “Measurement.”
- Hit the button labeled “Order a Roofr Report” at the bottom of the screen that pops up.
- Enter a building’s address and select Continue.
- A satellite image of the building in question will pop up.
- Your roofing report is ready and you can download it. The report is detailed and consists of 6-pages.
Step-by-step guide on getting DIY reports
If you don’t have the $15 for Roofr’s comprehensive reports, you can also do it yourself. Here’s how you can generate roof reports for free.
- Login to Roofr.
- Hit “Measurement” on the side-bar navigation.
- Select “DIY Reports”.
- Enter the building’s address and tap “Continue.”
- Upload an image, using the ones provided by Bing or by buying premium imagery.
- Begin drawing your Roof’s edges and ridges.
- After drawing your Roof’s edges, hit the “Edges” button in the top navigation.
- Choose your edge type and hit the line you’ve drawn.
- On the top navigation, hit the Facet option and enter additional information, such as slope and dormers.
- Select pitch and click the corresponding facet.
- After mapping out everything successfully, select “Download.”
- Review your report, and you can then start sending it to customers.
Creating, editing, and managing customers using Roofr
Roofr software helps you keep track of your customers using its Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
To add a new customer
- On your dashboard, press the Customers option.
- Press “New Customer,” located at the top left of your screen.
- Enter in customer credentials.
To delete a customer
- Click on the “Customers” option on your dashboard.
- Tap on the customer’s name you need to delete.
- Tap on “Delete Customer” and confirm that you want to delete.
Creating stunning proposals from your Roofr measurement report
Roofr allows roofing contractors to develop proposals that can help win clients. It’s easier and faster, as Roofr allows you to build a proposal right from your measurement report.
Additionally, you can add or modify your proposal’s contents easily. Here’s how to go about it:
- Visit the Roofr website and log in to your account.
- Tap on the “Proposals” button on the navigation on your left-hand-side.
- If you’re creating the proposal for the first time, tap “Create Proposal”. Otherwise, hit “New Proposal.”
- Choose a template that you wish to incorporate with your proposal.
- Choose a measurement report that you want to use while developing the proposal.
- After selecting your report, hit “Use this measurement” to facilitate importing the report’s data.
- Review your pre-populated data in unit cost, tax, and quantity fields. Add to each item an applicable waste factor.
- Choose your margins, which is the amount of cash you want to pocket for the job. These margins range from 0% to 100%.
- A toggle button “Show pricing on proposals” might appear depending on your template. If you want to add the information, turn it on; else, turn it off.
- Your proposal is completed. Hit the “Review and Send” option to confirm it’s okay before sharing.
Sending your proposal to potential clients in Roofr
- Launch your browser.
- Login to Roofr. In your dashboard, you’ll see a button labeled “Proposals.” Tap it.
- Choose the proposal that you need to share.
- Go through the proposal’s contents to ensure all the necessary information is included. Additionally, verify the information and eliminate errors if there are any.
- If everything is okay, tap “Review and Send.”
- Enter in the customer’s credentials, such as name, email, and phone number.
- After adding the customer’s details, hit “Review and Send.”
- The next step is to tap the “Send to customer” button.
- Review your customer’s email and enter a message specific to that customer.
- Finally, hit a button labeled “Send proposal,” and everything is ready. The proposal reaches your customer in the form of an email.
If you’re looking to maximize your sales, you’ll need roofing software dedicated to optimizing the roofing sales process. That’s Roofr.
Hopefully, you’ve learned how to get the most out of the software. Be sure to let us know if our guide was helpful. Also, try out the roofer software and let us know what you think!