The Insta Geotag feature isn’t just for engaging with your local followers. It’s also for letting others in a certain location about a certain place you’re in, or disseminate more knowledge about that place.
It’s a must-have feature for travel brands and bloggers alike on the platform.
Basically, it’s the specific location, entailing both longitude and latitude. That’s where you store your IG content. You gather geolocations from your mobile device’s physical location, allowing your followers to tag or store their content, and coordinate with others.
Do remember that you can only use the feature if you allow the platform to publicize your current location. It’s mutually-inclusive.
Your content’s public sharing attaches a physical location to your post. Travel brands can use it for engaging with end-users.
Companies with brick-and-mortar places/locations can find an array of contents, which others tag to their respective locations.
The right way of using
If you want to use IG for your eCommerce business and stretch your travel exploits to others, you need to leverage both geotags and hashtags.
They work like horns and skins to provide more edge while reaching out to more followers. However, many travel brands still overlook this simple concept.
In the realm of eCommerce– especially for businesses blending product promotion with travel experiences – Instagram is a powerful ally. Geotags act as the horns, announcing your presence in specific locations, while hashtags serve as the skins, wrapping your content in discoverable themes.
As you embark on this Instagram journey, consider incorporating an Instagram blogger outreach campaign into your strategy. These bloggers, with their established follower base, act as guides – leading their audience to your unique blend of products and travel adventures.
There are numerous benefits of geotagging. While you check out likes on Instagram to enhance your footprint, geotagging will ensure your post reaches proper shores.
- IG photo-mapping is another stupendous feature. Using geotag in your pictures helps in displaying the locations of each photo you tag.
- Essentially, the map is a visual showcase of your brand’s market or reach. It’s particularly beneficial for those working in the travel industry or for those traveling frequently to promote their brand.
- You can choose to add a location to an image before posting it. A simple togging off the location feature can help you clinch it.
- The function entails massive flexibility is crucial cases, where you want to add certain photos to your photo map.
- Geotags also enhance your engagement on IG. By geotagging your photo, you’re actually pinning your location to that post.
- The main functionality is that anytime another IG user clicks on the same geotag on another image, he/she find your photo. That’s how you increase your discoverability.
Some other means
You can share some behind-the-scenes stuff in your Stories and tag your location. To maximize the reach, you can buy Instagram story views and see the engagement rate boost on your profile immensely. If you’re trekking, show the preparations, exploits, purchases, and goof-ups. The latter fetches maximum traction and appreciation for posts.
People can always find countless backpackers reveling in the Grand Canyons or enjoying a campfire in a decrepit forest, but they are also curious to know about your obstacles and challenges in reaching there.
Show how you managed to reach a mountain on a tight budget and tag the location. It creates a human interest and real flavor in your content.
Hashtag locations without fail. Apart from using geotags, you can also use hashtags for tagging locations. For travel, food, and lifestyle bloggers and brands, these two are unmissable tools.
Don’t miss the hashtag stickers to add hashtag locations to your Insta stories. It boosts engagement.