PMI offers the ACP certification that stands for Agile certified practitioner and proves the talent and skill of the certified personnel. The certification hints that the certified individual is capable of making use of the agile principles and practices that help in project management.
Agile is a project management approach that aims for profit maximization, loss minimization, and effective teamwork. It believes in breaking down the project into several small-time bond steps or tasks managed by different yet correlated and coordinated teams. The important principles under Agile that apply to any project invariably as well as to daily life are kanban, 5Ss, Gemba, statistical methods, etc. These principles are to be memorized in order to be successful in the PMI – ACP® test.
Requirements: – A secondary degree is a must for applying for ACP. At least twenty-one hours of formal agile training, 12 months experience in projects of general type in the previous five years, as well as 8 months in agile type projects in the last 3 years.
Cost of the examination: – Members of PMI can avail of the certification for only US$ 435, whereas the non-members need to pay US$ 495 for the same. A member may be a student, employee, retiree, etc., with several advantages like extraordinary reduction in examination fee, free journals, training material, updates on recent findings and improvements, etc. Membership also helps in maintain PDUs required for the renewal of PMI certifications, esp., PMI ACP certification that requires at least 30 PDUs to be gained within the span of each 3 years to renew the certification.
There are several training courses for clearing PMI – ACP. They are available both online as well as offline mode. The online training ensures that the trainee understands and is able to apply the principles of Agile to every project he or she handles with fewer defects and maximum profit. PMI offers training for its registered certifications like CAPM, ACP, etc.
Cost of training:- The training provided by PMI is the most credible and best suitable for ACP, which costs around $998.
Duration:– The test of 3 hours duration and consists of 120 multiple choices type questions.
- ACP certification proves the reliability of the knowledge and skills of the candidate regarding agile.
- PMI ACP is the certification in Agile that is accepted worldwide and is preferred by the candidates as well as the recruiters while hiring. The advantages of a higher salary, better knowledge, and hold of concepts of Agile, better applicability to any project management irrespective of its specifications and any post related to it, etc., are some of the top advantages.
- ACP certification is entirely based on real-life scenarios that may arise during the handling of a project and thus is better than any other choice that may apply to the criteria.
- ACP certification is not a piece of cake owing to its quality, and thus, only selected superior knowledgeable candidates to qualify it, signifying its worth.
- PMI ACP is not too costly with respect to the higher pay scale a candidate can achieve after the certification in comparison to other such certifications.
- It makes it easier for the candidate to achieve higher-level certifications.
Job options after availing PMI ACP:-
- Agile project manager
- Business analyst
- Planning director
- Digital channel planner
- Scrum master, etc.
The organizations hiring individuals with ACP certification are: – Visa, Mitchell, Fusion Alliance, Microsoft, Dell, American Express, HP, etc.
PMI – ACP® is a certification that appeared by many candidates and thus looked for by many organizations while recruiting. Once having qualified for the certification test, the sky is the last limit. PMI – ACP® not only ensures a bright future but also improves it in many ways. A higher paycheck and better job opportunities are just a few of the benefits of PMI – ACP®. Thus, PMI – ACP® is a good option of certification for candidates suspiring jobs in the field of agile and project management.