Are you a real estate agent having problems selling your listings? After a few months, it can be very frustrating for both you and the property owner. Often there are other forces at work beyond your control. This includes an overabundance of properties for sale. Stagnating prices can also be a hindrance. But there are ways to overcome these and other issues.
Before the ink on the contract has dried, begin marketing the property. There are many tactics you can use to sell the listing. Staging the listing and using direct mail for realtors are just two of the items we will discuss below. Here are the primary drivers of home sales, both for your current listings and for ones in your future.
Staging The Home
Engaging the seller is a key strategy to selling the house. One of the most important things you can stress is they must stage the home. An improperly staged home has a reduced chance of selling. Explain how furniture arrangement and interior decor make a massive impression on potential buyers. Make sure the seller understands the importance of staging, and a buyer will snap it up fast.
Create a list of things the seller must do and answer any questions they have. Here are a few suggestions for your list.
- Clean the property and keep it pristine until it sells. A messy home is a turnoff to buyers.
- Discard excess clutter. This means putting those items in storage or selling them. A clean home will still look bad if they don’t declutter it. Remove unnecessary furniture.
- Lighting is important. Buyers prefer bright and airy spaces. Open the curtains and the blinds and let the sunshine in!
- It’s not just the inside that counts. Make sure the landscaping is neat and clean too. Clean the windows and consider adding potted greenery to the front porch.
Engage a Professional Photographer
Photography is very important when selling a listing. When you hire a photographer, be sure they have experience with real estate. There are many photographers who don’t understand the nuances of interiors and architecture. For example, an inexperienced photographer might shut the curtains, eliminating the bright light you want to emphasize.
A good real estate photographer will do more than take pictures of the home as it is. They will know to move things around if necessary to make a picture appear perfect. They will furnish you with high-quality pictures you will use in brochures, flyers, and on your website. Don’t skimp on this step.
Use Direct Mail For Realtors
Getting your listing in front of as many potential buyers as possible is crucial to selling a home fast. Postcards and other advertising materials are an excellent way to do this. Not only will it intrigue potential buyers, but it will also advertise your services to future buyers. Below are some tips for maximizing direct mail for realtors.
- The most important thing is to choose a direct mail company that specializes in real estates, like Wise Pelican. They have years of experience working with real estate agents and know precisely what you need to make that sale.
- Engage your potential buyer with a little fun. Create a contest or a drawing. It will surprise you how many leads you’ll get.
- Use powerful images and bold sentences to create interest. You will be thankful you hired a professional real estate photographer.
- Be consistent with your branding. Even if someone is not looking to buy you want them to remember who you are.
- Remember the marketing rule of seven. Many buyers need to see your brand or the listing seven times before they buy. Stay consistent with direct mail advertising. It works.
Create Excitement With an Open House
An open house is one of the most effective ways to maximize your listing in a limited amount of time. It will showcase the home you are currently marketing, plus it will entice future buyers to your other listings. Meeting future buyers is a key method of building your client base and creating a personal relationship with them at an open house works.
- Open houses are convenient for potential buyers. They don’t have to stick to a scheduled appointment, and it is more casual. Purchasing real estate can be stressful. Open houses are more laid back and fun, putting your buyers at ease.
- People can be lazy or unmotivated. Open houses work for those who can’t be bothered to book a showing.
- Everyone who shows up to an open house is a potential buyer, even those who are only there to get ideas for the future. Get everyone’s contact information so you can invite them to a future showing. Remember the rule of seven.
- Open houses are cost-effective. It is a proven marketing tool every realtor should use.
- Go above and beyond by sharing what makes that neighborhood special. Create a list of restaurants, day care centers, and best shopping centers close by. Hand this list to every person who comes to the open house.
Say Thank You
It’s exciting to everyone when a home sells. Let your seller and buyer know that you appreciate them by giving them a token of your appreciation. This will improve future sales through word of mouth and by establishing a relationship with them.
- A gift card to the local hardware or home improvement store.
- Give a food basket or gift certificate to a popular restaurant.
- You can never go wrong with a brand new welcome mat.
Following the above tips will speed up the sale of any home. Good luck, and happy selling!