“Technology that is making our lives easier is Artificial Intelligence.” Yes, this super technology is becoming a crucial part of our day-to-day life. From voice assistants to driverless cars, from mobile applications to complex technical tasks, from robots to space crafts, everywhere we can see the important role of artificial intelligence. The basic advantages of AI technologies are that they help reduce errors and increase the chances of accuracy and level of precision. In terms of business, it is important and allows organizations to make better decisions. It also helps improve core business processes by increasing the accuracy and speed of strategic decision-making processes.
Artificial intelligence’s importance and subsequent components have been known for a long time. It can enable human capabilities like reasoning, understanding, planning, communication, and perception. AI technologies are beneficial and being applied in several sectors to create new opportunities, possibilities and efficiencies. Al is useful in performing various complex tasks such as analytical tasks, finding data patterns, making reports, taking decisions, etc. Here AI tools help to automate these tasks and enable organizations to create new business opportunities in almost every sector and consumer application. AI-supported machines can speed up your tasks and processes with guaranteed precision and accuracy, making them valuable and useful tools. Companies require a skilled and highly talented professional who can handle these machines to complete these tasks. Therefore many professionals are seeking specialized AI programs to gear up their skills.
This article will throw some light on the types of artificial Intelligence that are used in organizations accordingly.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
As the name shows, Intelligence that is not related to humans is called artificial Intelligence. It refers to the ability of computers and robots to perform tasks commonly related to intelligent beings. Artificial intelligence is a broad branch of computer science concerned with creating smart machines capable of performing tasks that typically require human intelligence. It stimulates machines and computers to mimic the decision-making and problem-solving capabilities of the human mind. In simple words, it is intelligence demonstrated by robots/machines to the natural intelligence displayed by humans.
AI involves several tools and techniques that provide more efficient answers to queries, for example, chatbots. AI can also be used in intelligent assistants to parse critical information from large free-text datasets to improve scheduling. But AI is beyond the processes and the capabilities for superpowered and critical thinking and data analysis; it is all about any particular format or function. So AI is aimed to enhance human capabilities and contributions towards human and industrial/business development. This contribution makes AI a valuable business asset as it relies on predictions to automate excessively complex or mundane tasks.
Types of Artificial Intelligence
In today’s advanced digital world, AI is bringing a massive change. To understand it deeply we need to dive deep into the types of artificial intelligence that help us in different types of work. These advanced AI technologies are affecting our lives with the different types mentioned below. We can categorize it into two ways:
Functionality Based Types
- Reactive Machines- Reactive machines are the simplest forms of artificial intelligence that perform basic operations. These machine types react to some input with some output. It is considered that these types of AI machines began the AI revolution through its initial phase of implementation. These machines are the oldest form of AI systems with limited technical capabilities. For example, Static machine learning models are simple, reactive machines that can be found on Github repos across the web.
- Limited Memory- This type of AI machine refers to an ability to store previous data and predictions, using that data to make better predictions. This type of AI can learn through its experiences. These AL machines involve the ability to react and learn from the previous data. ML architecture becomes complex in this type, so every ML model needs limited memory to be created, but it can be deployed as a reactive machine type. Three main machine learning models achieve this limited memory type: reinforcement learning, long short term memory (LSTMs), and evolutionary Generative Adversarial networks ( E-Gan).
- Theory of Mind- The above-mentioned types of AI are functional but now upcoming types of AI are in their development and research stage. We can see this type of AI in advanced innovations such as self-driving cars, hi-tech robots, voice assistants, Google Maps, etc. In this type of A.I., A.I. begins to interact with the thoughts and emotions of humans. This type of AI system proposes to understand the broad range of entities they deal with, which involves emotions, belief systems, and thinking patterns. At this advanced stage of AI, researchers and technologists are willing to make the machines understand humans better and learn from various factors that influence their thinking process.
- Self-Aware- This type of AI system is the new and lesser-known type that exists mainly in stories and theoretical ideas. It involves immense amounts of both fear and hope in the audience. This stage of AI systems could be more advanced and developed, and as per with the human brain, they would possess an adequate amount of self-consciousness and self-awareness. But it can take decades to bring self-awareness AI machines to human lives.
- Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI)- It is the most common type of AI that can be applied in any sector. These machines/systems can generally perform one or two tasks that use the data and learning experience from the previous experience.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)- It can be related to the theory of mind for functionality. It is also in the developing stage where researchers are seeking chances to implement human emotions and other competencies into systems/machines to make them act or react like humans.
- Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI)- This type of AI machine could be a peak achievement in AI research that can use a huge amount of memory to perform tasks and make smarter, faster, and more accurate decisions than humans.
Simply we can say that Artificial Intelligence is the technology of the present and the future that’s here to stay. AI is a strong software tool that eliminates repetitive tasks in the workforce and stimulates humans to achieve higher selves that too with embracing constant states of change and creativity.