In almost any job, we are faced with the need to communicate with people. Even if you have chosen for yourself a remote job that is purely computer-related, you work in a warehouse or in production, communication is still unavoidable. You somehow have to communicate with employees, company management, sometimes with customers.
What can we say about specialties that are directly related to the need for constant interaction with people! Therefore, today many employers pay attention not only to work experience and education but also to the presence of such soft skills as communication skills.
- Are Communication Skills Important for Any Job?
Today we can say for sure that communication skills are needed by everyone. And often they determine not only your effectiveness as an employee but also your career advancement. Agree, if your boss chooses whom to send for promotion: you or your colleague who has the same skills and successes but additionally differs in the ability to rattle anyone and listen perfectly to any person, then who will he choose as a result? In 99%, the score will not be in your favor.
At the same time, the concept of communication skills is quite extensive. In general, they are the abilities you use to give and receive various types of information. Some examples include conveying ideas, feelings, or what is happening around you. Communication skills include the ability to listen, speak, observe, and empathize. Having strong communication skills is important in every industry at every career level, be sure in this.
- What to List in the Resume from Your Communication Skills
Now let’s talk directly about what features of your communication experience should be indicated in the resume. For all specialties, without exception, the following communication skills will be important:
- Active listening. Even if you are not interacting with clients, active listening will help you to perceive tasks from management more effectively. Besides, it helps to more accurately highlight important information. This skill shows you as an empathetic and attentive person.
- Public performance. Oratory is valued today not only among managers and PR specialists. It is also useful for those who participate in meetings, create presentations, work on projects that require explanation.
- Written communication skills. Drafting documents and conducting business correspondence will be a separate bonus to your treasury of virtues.
- Interpersonal communication. The climate in the team and the mood of the team are equally important for each company with no exception. Only through interpersonal skills, you’ll be able to effectively become part of this team, even if you are used to working exclusively solo.
Emphasize these skills on your resume, and you will see that the effect will be purely positive. If you use the free CV builder, you will be able to present this information so that the HR specialist will immediately notice it. And it will only play in your favor.