Your search for the average hourly rate for movers ends here. Moving is a vital and massive decision for you and many, as it is a challenging task. Hence, many like you ask the same question as they need to move under unavoidable circumstances in the US.
But whatever is the reason, shifting from one place to another needs a lot of effort and money. Also, COVID-19 caused an unprecedented shortage in labor and drivers to raise the cost of the movers steeply in 2021. So, your search for the average hourly rates before deciding on professional moving services is wise to safely reach the destination with the belongings.
Hence, check out how to estimate the average hourly rate for movers to move locally or within intrastate or interstate to plan for safe, easy, and fast-moving things.
The average rate of professional moving services
The average hourly rate for moving in the US depends on many factors. It includes the quantity of the things, the distance between the current and the new place, and the number of persons essential for the moving team. But the national average cost is approximately 1,400 dollars which may range from 800 to 2200 for less than 100 miles distance for a two-person moving team.
If it is above 100 miles, it may range from 2,200 to 5600 dollars, depending on the cargo size and the number of members. Also, it depends on the quality of service provided by the best moving services and their capability of moving intrastate and interstate.
Ways to estimate the hourly rate of professional moving services
Since the above-given rates are for the total expenses of shifting from one place to another in the US, it is essential to estimate the average hourly rates. It depends on many factors like the movers’ labor charge, which is 25 to 50 dollars per hour, apart from the expenses for tax and gas. Hence, the following ways will help you estimate the hourly rates for the best and experienced movers for moving effectively and safely.
- Since the distance between the two locations plays the deciding factor for determining the hourly rates of the movers, it will be more if the distance is more and vice versa.
- Similarly, the more the number of things for moving, the more is the hourly rate as it needs more labor and time for packing, loading, transporting, unloading, among others.
- Packing costs are another factor that depends on the quantity and quality of the belongings, and the more need for safe packing, the more is the hourly rate.
- The number of personnel and their labor charge again depends on the quantity and quality of the belongings needed moving to the new place.
- The vehicle’s type and size will also help estimate the hourly rates as smaller vehicles will cost less and, if shared with other customers less, and it is the opposite for the more extensive and unshared vehicle solely for your moving purpose.
- Time is another crucial factor in deciding the hourly rates of movers as weekends are always busy, will cost more, and weekdays will cost less.
- Taxes like GST of goods & services tax and for interstate locations Toll-Tax & Octroi will increase the moving charges.
- For quick relocations that will require paying a fine for not complying with the rules for the commercial vehicle, entry into the other state is another thing to estimate the moving charges
- There are also extra charges for storing the belongings in the warehouse, which will depend on the duration of storage, and taking insurance, which is options when taken, will add to the moving charges
The above facts and ways will help you know the hourly rates of experienced and expert moving services for safe shifting from one place to another in the US.