It can seem like a nightmare when entering into the world of investment for the first time, with so many opportunities and tips, not to mention the terminology.
You would likely have many questions and will quickly discover that gold is the best performer. However, you shouldn’t invest all of your wealth into this shiny yellow metal. It’s always best to diversify your portfolio.
Typical Investment Portfolio
Let’s take a look at a typical investment portfolio, which would have around 10-15% invested in precious metals. Other investments might include:
- Real Estate – For many small investors, land offers the best return and shrewd buying and selling can make you very wealthy. If you have a quarter of a million dollars you are looking to invest, why not acquire a rental property? You will make money on the rental, plus the equity in the real estate. You will have property management costs, but even after taking that out, you are left with a healthy income that is regular.
- Stocks & Shares – Perhaps 25% would be invested in companies that are performing well. If you bought shares in a PPE manufacturer in 2018, you would have made a real killing! With the pandemic still causing lockdowns around the world, many investors take their wealth out of the stock market and invest in gold bullion, which is always a safe bet.
- Bonds & Insurances – Most investors tie up some of their wealth in government issued bonds, which are long term investments.
- Antiques – Whether jewellery or fine furniture, many investors like to acquire antique items, which do offer a healthy appreciation over time and who knows? You could stumble on a very rare piece at the local car boot sale and become rich overnight. If the piece is damaged, worry not as you can always sell it to a dealer. For example, City Gold Bullion is a good place to sell gold jewellery, if you happen to be in Australia.
- Luxury Vintage Watches – Many people love the amazing timepieces crafted by Rolex and other watchmakers and collecting luxury watches can take up a chunk of your wealth. If you would like to view a collection of luxury vintage watches, search online for a leading antique dealer, who would have a catalog of men’s and women’s luxury timepieces. This might not be the best investment in terms of profit, but you are assured of a return in the long term.
This is a must for the investor and the general rule is that the safer the investment, the lower the return. Diversifying your wealth is a smart thing to do and always keep your eye on the economy. Many investors now prefer gold, at least until things get back to normal after the devastating consequences the pandemic has had on the global economy.
If you are looking to acquire gold bullion and you happen to be in Australia, search with Google for a leading Australian gold bullion dealer, who would have offices in Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney. You are advised to take physical possession of any gold you buy and have a concealed safe fitted in the master bedroom, where you can store all valuable items.
Be smart with your investments and if you are less than confident, there’s always the investment broker.