If you’re considering purchasing a piece of land that you want to develop, it’s important to think about land surveying. You’ve probably come across land surveyors as you travel across your city or head home from work – they are the workers with hard hats and telescopic machines, which are usually set on a tripod stand looking to the horizon.
Surveyors often undertake projects like designing new infrastructure, planning, building and land development, construction of roads, bridges, and schools, and also measuring and monitoring the environment. It’s the role of the surveyor to know the topographic heights, land measurements, and size of the land, among other aspects. They provide vital information to developers, geologists, and architects, plus they also work in collaboration with utility services such as power and water companies.
The Importance of Using Surveyors in Melbourne
Surveyors play a very crucial role as far as land is concerned. Their activities settle any disputes that can arise on land issues and boundaries. Here are some reasons why it’s important to use land surveyors in Melbourne:
- Surveyors help in the preparation of topographical maps. These are maps that show the valleys, rivers, forests, towns, villages, and hills of a country. Such a plan is vital to a developer, as they’ll know where they should develop and where they should avoid it. The map can also be used to study the terrain of land before making a trip to see it in person.
- Surveyors prepare geological maps. These are the maps that are used to portray underground resources. Surveyors will produce this map to the government and the general public so everyone can be aware of the surrounding natural resources.
- A surveyor will assist in the planning of large constructions such as bridges, highways, tunnels, ports, airfields, waterworks, dams, and sewerage works. They will conduct the relevant land survey and provide the right measurements. The surveyors will also advise on which direction the road should wind or how wide a bridge or tunnel should be.
- The economic feasibility cannot be ascertained without undertaking a survey. Surveyors in Melbourne must first survey the area to be developed in order to determine if the project is worth carrying out.
- Surveyors will ensure that construction takes place in the exact spot where it’s intended. A slight deviation from the projected area of development can have a massive impact on a project’s success. This is why surveyors are used to making sure of the exact location where the project takes place.
- Surveyors are available to ensure that you comply with all the set town planning codes, which helps you avoid any disputes between you and the state. Surveyors, like Party Wall Agreement Surveyor, also ensure that there are no disputes between you and your neighbors over boundaries. They are there to make sure that there is sufficient distance between the wall and the boundary line of your property.
Surveyors in Melbourne are of very great help when it comes to land issues and massive architectural projects. They can also assist individuals who are quarreling over land and boundary disputes, as well as contribute to the success of the construction and other similar projects.